Terms and Conditions of User for Registered Users and Organisations
By registering to use this website, users are accepting these terms and conditions. Please therefore read these carefully to make sure that you understand and agree with them before you register. .
Through registering and thereby accepting these terms and conditions you will be making an offer to enter into an agreement with Stoke-on-Trent City Council (the “Council”) on these terms and conditions, and if the Council accepts your application for registration, a legally binding agreement between you (“You”) and the Council will come into existence governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”).
Please read the Terms carefully as they set out Your rights and obligations, acceptable use of the website and Data Processing information. They also provide information on your submitted material and information (“Content”) and how this will be used.
Stoke-on-Trent Community Directory (“Directory”) is owned by Stoke-on-Trent City Council (“The Council”) and is managed by VAST Services (1920) (“VAST”).
Content cannot be published if you do not accept these terms and conditions
IF WE DISCOVER OR HAVE ANY REASON TO SUSPECT YOU HAVE BREACHED THE TERMS WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SUSPENED OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY AND WITHOUT NOTICE.
- YOUR PASSWORD, USERNAME, PASSWORD, SECURITY AND REQUESTS
You can access your account (“Account”) through entering your unique username and password. You will access and participate in secure areas of the website therefore You accept it is your sole responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password among your authorised personnel and You are responsible for all activity that occurs under this.
You agree to notify us of any unauthorised use of your password and any other breach of security as soon as You become aware of it.
Further information may be requested by our service when we need to verify an account request to access a service record. If an account request to access a service record is suspect the Account will be suspended pending further investigation and could be deleted if there is concern the request could be of a malicious nature.
You will ensure that only authorised personnel will have access to Your Account and you accept that, in acting upon information and Content submitted, the Council and VAST will rely on this confirmation, and accept no responsibility or liability for false or mistaken information submitted by an unauthorised user via your Account.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ACCEPTABLE USE
By accepting this Agreement and registering an Account, You agree and confirm that:
- The Council and VAST have the right to interrupt, discontinue, remove or suspend the whole or any part of the Directory at any time and for any reason. This includes the right to moderate Content which You wish to publish on the Directory and/or to take down published Content where this is considered appropriate by the Council or VAST in their absolutely discretion.
- all Content submitted by You is accurate, true and up to date. Stoke-on-Trent Community Directory (“Directory”) will only be as good as the information it contains therefore You are responsible for maintaining your Content. If contact details or the details of your services change then You are responsible for updating them on the Directory as soon as you can. Regular checks will be undertaken to ensure your Content is correct and You will be contacted to make any necessary amendments and/or confirm your details are correct. If we do not hear from you and/or any incorrect information is not amended then we will be obliged to delete your Content from the Directory, but we will advise You of this beforehand.
- all Content submitted by You may be used on this website in any way required. Content may be rejected, edited, moderated, removed or deleted by The Council and VAST in order to make it more user-friendly to users. VAST may contact You to clarify Content if it is not clear. Content is amended at The Council and VAST’s absolute discretion. The Council and VAST will decide whether the services you provide are suitable for inclusion in the Directory and they reserve the right to exclude entries that are not relevant or appropriate.
- Except as expressly state in these Terms, neither the Council or VAST give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Directory or to any subsequent dealings, nor the conduct or propriety of any third party who uses the Directory to contact You. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Without in any way limiting the generality of the foregoing, You acknowledge and agree that:
- The purpose of the Directory is informative and neither the Council or VAST provide any assurance or guarantee of any enquiries or business as a result of Your inclusion within the Directory
- The Council and VAST are not responsible for ensuring that the Directory will be suitable for Your purposes
- all Content is original to You and You are fully entitled (and have all necessary consents) to submit the Content. You must also have the consent of anyone featured in the Content to provide this to us, especially if this includes someone’s home address or personal telephone number and You are happy for this to be used as set out in the Terms. You will indemnify VAST and The Council against failure to obtain necessary consents to share personal information as part of this Content;
- nothing in the Content will infringe the copyright, intellectual property or any other right of any person or organisation, breach any contract or duty of confidence, be defamatory, obscene, offensive, indecent, harassing, threatening, breach anyone’s privacy or may constitute a contempt of court or be calculated to bring any person or organisation into disrepute.
- You may own the copyright or similar rights in some of the Content you submit. For example, You may give us some text describing your services that is taken from your website or publicity materials. By signing the consent form you are agreeing that The Council and VAST can store, reproduce, publish and share this content for the purposes of the Directory as described in these terms and conditions and you accept that the Council and VAST have no control over the way public users of the Directory may use the Content which has been published.
- The Council and VAST will also make the Content you provide available to enquirers by telephone, post, fax, email, in printed materials and in face to face discussions.
- A link to the Directory will be made available to other appropriate websites and any digital TV pages run by the Council, VAST, other local authorities, Government and authorised partners including, but not limited to: Staffordshire Connects (staffordshireconnects.gov.uk) and popular social media environments such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
- You may link the Directory home page to external websites, provided that you have permission to do so and it is done in fairly and legally. Any links must not damage the reputation of The Council or VAST and must not suggest there is any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access the Directory and you should use your own virus protection software. There is no guarantee that the Directory will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Site. You must not attack Our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Our Site will cease immediately.
- You agree that the Directory is intended to be for internal use by You in the course of your business and you agree not to use the Directory for any re-sale purposes.
You can see how your Content appears to the public by looking on the Stoke-on-Trent Community Directory website stokecommunitydirectory.co.uk following publication. You can also see a preview from the application itself prior to publication.
The Council and VAST will not pass the information to commercial organisations for marketing purposes.
If you become aware of any misuse of the Content or wish to complain about any Content on the Directory, or believe any of your rights have been violated, You can notify us via here.
- PERSONAL DATA
You are required to supply personal information on your registration form (“Your Personal Data”) which will be used as follows
- To administer your registration and Account
- In making decisions about whether Content you submit should be accepted, rejected or used
- To contact You in relation to the Directory
- TERMINATION AND OPTING OUT
You may terminate your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on your Account pages. On termination, your Account and all Content will be removed from the Directory. Even after your Account is termination (for any reason) the Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
Only an Account user can request that the Account is terminated.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account to access to any part of the website at any time in your breach the Terms and Conditions or for technical reasons.
The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes arising from this website or Terms will be decided only by the English courts.
- THE COUNCIL AND VAST’S LIABILITY
The Council and VAST will, under no circumstances whatever, be liable to You, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty or otherwise for the following where they arise in connection with the Terms, the Directory or any subsequent dealings:
- Loss of profits, sales, business or revenue
- Loss of corruption of data, information or software
- Loss of business opportunity
- Loss of anticipated savings
- Loss of goodwill
- Any indirect or consequential losses
- Any form of loss whatsoever (including within limitation any form of financial loss) which You may suffer or incur under or in connection with the Terms, the Directory or any subsequent dealings, which arise in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
The above is always subject to nothing limiting or excluding the Council or VAST’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the Council’s negligence or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
By accepting this, You agree that the above limitations and exclusion of liability are fair and reasonable in all the circumstances, including in light of the fact that the Directory is provided at no charge to You and You bear responsibility for the provided Content, and the Council and VAST cannot reasonably be expected to bear responsibility for the conduct of third party users of the Directory.